The Shidler Freshman Direct Admit Program (DAP) is designed for high-achieving incoming freshmen who wish to enter the UH Shidler College of Business and get a head start on their Business curriculum.
Who is this program for?
Outstanding high school seniors entering UH Mānoa in the fall are invited upon acceptance to the university. Selective admission for the Shidler Freshman Direct Admit Program is highly competitive and based on students' Grade Point Average (GPA) and SAT or ACT scores.
How do I apply?
On your UH Mānoa application, simply designate "Pre-Business" (or any specific business major) as your first-choice major, and you will automatically be considered for the Shidler DAP. No separate application is necessary.
When is the application due?
The final deadline for the UH Mānoa application is March 1st.
Submit additional information
If you would like to provide us with additional information such as a resume, personal statement, or updated test scores, please visit shidler.hawaii.edu/freshman-dap/admissions.
DAP four-year curriculum
DAP students are introduced to the Shidler College of Business curriculum beginning in their first year. Students are grouped in two business-related courses reserved strictly for the DAP cohort of that year. A copy of the four-year plan can be found here.
AP and IB credits are awarded to students who meet the minimum UH Mānoa criteria. A list of scores needed to obtain AP and IB credit can be found here:
UH Mānoa and Shidler Scholarships
Upon enrollment, Shidler DAP students will be eligible for available scholarships.There are also many UH Mānoa and Shidler College of Business scholarships available through the UH STAR System online at www.star.hawaii.edu/scholarships. The STAR System helps students find scholarships they are eligible for and facilitates the online application process. Applications are due in mid-February of each year.
Why be a Shidler DAP student?
- Enter Shidler as a freshman, rather than wait until completing 60 credit hours of college-level work (junior standing)
- Shidler DAP students will be eligible to receive a scholarship upon enrollment
- Get involved early with the Shidler network—attend lectures, meet guest speakers and attend some of the best events on campus
- Join student clubs and organizations, such as the American Marketing Association, Accounting Club etc.
- Gain early access to advisors in the Shidler Office of Student Academic Services and get started on your future career path
- Join a cohort of the best students on the UH Mānoa campus
- Western states students: See additional information on why to be a Shidler DAP student.
Take the Next Step
Contact us to learn more.
Freshman Admissions Advisor
Phone: (808) 956-4869 or (808) 956-8215
Unable to come in for an on-campus appointment? We now offer phone and Hangout appointments! Please call at least 24 hours in advance to schedule an appointment.