The Shidler Freshman Direct Admit Program (DAP) is designed for high achieving incoming freshmen who wish to enter the UH Shidler College of Business and get a head start on their Business curriculum.
Who is this program for?
Outstanding high school seniors entering UH Mānoa in the fall are invited upon acceptance to the university. Selective admission for the Shidler Freshman Direct Admit Program is highly competitive and based on students' Grade Point Average (GPA) and SAT or ACT scores. As a test optional school for the 2021-2022 academic year, students that have not submitted test scores will be asked to submit a personal statement.
How do I apply?
On your UH Mānoa application, simply designate "Exploratory Business" or any specific business major as your first choice major, and you will automatically be considered for the Shidler DAP. No separate application is necessary.
Once you have been accepted to the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa, your application will be reviewed by our selection committee. If you have not submitted test scores, you will be given the opportunity to complete our personal statement. Completion of the personal statement is required for further evaluation of your application. An email with the form link will be sent to you.
We recommend that you complete your personal statement by March 1st.
DAP four year curriculum
DAP students are introduced to the Shidler College of Business curriculum beginning their freshman year. Students are grouped in two business related courses reserved strictly for the DAP cohort of that year. A copy of the four year plan can be found here.
AP and IB credits are awarded to students who meet the minimum UH Manoa criteria. A list of scores needed to obtain AP and IB credit can be found here:
UH Mānoa and Shidler Scholarships
Upon enrollment, Shidler DAP students will be eligible for available scholarships.There are also many UH Mānoa and Shidler College of Business scholarships available through the UH STAR System online at www.star.hawaii.edu/scholarships. The STAR System helps students find scholarships they are eligible for and facilitates the online application process. Applications are due in mid-February of each year.
Why be a Shidler DAP student?
- Enter Shidler as a freshman, rather than wait until completing 60 credit hours of college-level work (junior standing)
- Shidler DAP students will be eligible to receive a scholarship upon enrollment
- Get involved early with the Shidler network—attend lectures, meet guest speakers and attend some of the best events on campus
- Join student clubs and organizations, such as the American Marketing Association, Accounting Club etc.
- Gain early access to advisors in the Shidler Office of Student Academic Services and get started on your future career path
- Join a cohort of the best students on the UH Mānoa campus
Take the Next Step
Contact us to learn more.
Freshman Admissions Advisor
Office: Shidler A202
Phone: (808) 956-4869
Phone and Zoom appointments are available, please email for more information.