On behalf of the University of Hawai‘i Shidler College of Business Alumni Association and the Travel Industry Management International, Inc, we would like to invite you to join us for our webinar series on supporting the reopening of Hawai‘i’s tourism industry. The webinars are designed to stimulate ideas for solutions that can be implemented by Hawaii businesses, tourism stakeholders, hospitality workers and the general public.
- Tom Calame, area general manager, Marriott Hawaii & managing director - Kyo-ya Hotels & Resorts, Ltd.
- Mufi Hannemann, president and CEO, HLTA
- Elliot Mills, BBA ’93, vice president, Hotel Operations, Disneyland Resort and Aulani
- Linda Rodrigues, senior vice president - marketing, Hilton Grand Vacations
- Kelly Sanders, senior director of operations - Hawaii, Highgate Hotels
- Sandy Narvaez, director of sales & marketing, The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach
- Toby Tamaye, president, AT Marketing
This webinar also includes a panel discussion with questions provided from current students at the University of Hawaii Travel Industry Management and Shidler College of Business.
- Overview of the hotel industry
- Timeline of reopening of hotels in Hawai’i
- How phased openings will work
- Safety & cleanliness protocols
- Roll of technology post-Covid
- Booking trends
- Changes in the timeshare industry
- Reopening of resorts, restaurants & retail
- Group bookings and large event forecast