The PhD Program in International Management offers an academically challenging and rigorous program designed to prepare highly motivated and intellectually gifted students for a career in research and teaching with a particular focus on Asia and the Pacific. This full-time program emphasizes a strong foundation in both methodological and theoretical training. Students gain valuable research and teaching skills through collaborative work with world-class faculty.
To attract PhD students with superior academic potential and to prepare these students to become leading scholars with an Asia-Pacific focus in international management.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of international management issues in Asia and the Pacific.
- Demonstrate knowledge required to teach in one of the following functional areas: accounting, finance, organization & strategy, information technology management, and marketing.
- Demonstrate research skills and ability to write publishable reports in chosen area of international research.
- Effectively teach courses.
- To contribute to the creation of knowledge in International Management with an Asia/Pacific focus.
- To produce outstanding researchers and teachers with special competencies in International Management with an Asia/Pacific focus.
- To enhance the capability of the State of Hawaii to participate internationally in the global economy.
- To enhance the core competencies of the faculty at the University of Hawaii in the area of International Management.
- To enrich the scholarly and collegial culture of the Shidler College of Business at the University of Hawaii.