- Shidler College Distinguished Professor of Accounting (Emeritus Professor)
- PhD, Southern Cross University, 1998
- Master of Commerce, University of Auckland, 1982
- Master of Public Policy, Victoria University of Wellington, 1978
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Auckland, 1972
- Database accounting information systems
- Semantic representation of accounting knowledge structures
- Impact of the Internet and other information technologies on the communication of accounting information
- Risk management, control and audit of computerized accounting systems.
Curtis M.B. and Debreceny, R.S. 2015. The Journal of Information Systems at Thirty, Journal of Information Systems. 30(1), 1-2 (Editorial)
Debreceny, R.S. 2015. Social Networks, and Accounting, Journal of Information Systems. 29(2), 1-8 (Editorial)
Debreceny, R.S. and Curtis M.B. 2015. Challenges From and To the Senior Editors of the Journal of Information Systems. Journal of Information Systems. 29(1), 1-8 (Editorial)
Rahman, A.R. and R. S. Debreceny. 2014. Institutionalized Online Access to Corporate Information And Cost Of Equity Capital – A Cross-Country Analysis. Journal of Information Systems. 28(1), 43-74
Cohen, E.E, Debreceny, R.S., Farewell, S, and S. Roohani. 2014. Issues with the Communication and Integrity of Audit Reports when Financial Reporting shifts to an Information-Centric Paradigm. Paper. International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, 15(4), 400-422.
Gray G., and R.S Debreceny. 2014. A Taxonomy to Guide Research on the Application of Data Mining to Fraud Detection in Financial Statement Audits. International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, 15(4), 357-380.
Trabelsi, S., Debreceny, R and A. Lymer. 2014. An empirical examination of corporate websites as a voluntary disclosure medium. International Journal of Applied Decision Sciences. 7(1), 1-32.
Debreceny, R. 2013. Research on IT Governance, Risk, and Value: Challenges and Opportunities. Journal of Information Systems, 27(1): 129-135. [Editorial]
Debreceny, R., and Gray, G. 2013. IT Governance and Process Maturity: A Multinational Field Study. Journal of Information Systems, 27(1): 157-188.
De Haes S., Van Grembergen, W, and Debreceny, R. 2013. COBIT 5 and Enterprise Governance of Information Technology: Building Blocks and Research Opportunities. Journal of Information Systems, 27(1): 307-324.
De Haes, S., R. Debreceny, and W. Van Grembergen. 2013. Understanding the Core Concepts in COBIT 5. ISACA Journal 5:1-8.
Awards & Honors
- 2016, American Accounting Association, Notable Contributions to the Literature Award
- Seagate Technologies (S) Pte Ltd, Singapore, Director of Financial Operations
- ACI Asia, Singapore, Group Treasurer
- The Treasury, Wellington, New Zealand, Economist
- Associate Editor, Journal of Information Systems
- Associate Editor, International Journal on IT/Business Alignment and Governance
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Accounting Information Systems