Mandatory Advising for Newly Admitted Business Students-Fall 2021
Congratulations on your admission to the Shidler College of Business! We look forward to welcoming you and working with you to achieve your academic goals.
Mandatory advising for newly admitted business students was previously offered as a face-to-face group session, but has transitioned to a completely online asynchronous format (students can complete on their own time by the deadline, with no specified meeting day/time).
Don’t forget to download a copy of the Shidler BBA Student Handbook, located in the Resources section of Laulima. Your access to the Laulima site will be removed in December 2021.
Take note of the website: https://shidler.hawaii.edu/forms as there are many helpful resources that you may need to access in the future.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements to fulfill Mandatory Advising include:
- The Mandatory Advising Quiz (located in Laulima) is due on September 30th at 11:59pm HST. No late submissions will be accepted.
- You will have a maximum of three attempts; the quiz is out of 25 questions and your score will correspond with a registration hold (for Spring 2022), as follows:
-20 to 25 questions correct: no hold
-18 to 19 questions correct: 1-day hold
-16 to 17 questions correct: 2-day hold
- 0 to 15 questions correct: 3-day hold
- Complete an online evaluation, which will be emailed to you (every Friday) after completion of your quiz, with a one week deadline.
-A one-day delay in registration will result if the online evaluation is not completed.
- Additional non-scored requirements include:
-Review of the video presentation and/or the PDF copy (located in Laulima Resources);
-Review of your STAR GPS and graduation pathway to ensure accuracy and an understanding of remaining requirements.
Failure to complete all requirements will result in a delay in next semester's registration.
All Laulima quizzes must be completed by September 30th at 11:59pm HST to receive the online evaluation, which must be completed by October 8, 2021 at 11:59pm HST.
Mandatory Advising Videos and PDF copies can be found in the Laulima Resources tab.
- School of Accountancy PowerPoint Presentation
- Marketing Department PowerPoint Presentation
- Information Technology Management PowerPoint Presentation
- Department of Finance PowerPoint Presentation
-MS Finance 4+1 Program Information
- Management Industrial Relations (ENTR, IB, HRM, MGT) PowerPoint Presentation