The Distance Learning Executive MBA - Travel Industry Management Track provides unique insight into the travel industry sector, which is undergoing transformational growth and change. The program combines a dynamic and rigorous MBA core business curriculum with hospitality focused electives to prepare candidates for successful and rewarding careers.
|Fall | Shidler EMBA Core Curriculum
Fall | Shidler EMBA Core Curriculum and
Travel Industry Management Track electives
|Spring | Shidler EMBA Core Curriculum
||Spring | Shidler EMBA curriculum and
Capstone - travel industry focused consulting practicum
|Summer | Travel Industry Management Track electives
Travel Industry Management Track Electives
Elective courses supplement the core class experience and enhance understanding of the travel industry.
1. TIM 681: Strategic Hospitality Marketing and Service Innovation
2. TIM 682: Service Management and Operations
3. TIM 683: Innovation and Strategic Applications of IT in E-Commerce
4. TIM 684: Current Issues in Hospitality and Tourism Organizational Behavior
5. TIM 685: Sustainable Tourism Concepts and Practices
- Understanding of the dynamic landscape of the travel industry management track.
- Ability to cultivate new initiatives that will have a broad impact on business and society.
- Gain insight from experienced travel industry executives to enhance the program curriculum and learning opportunities.
- Master theory and practice through discussions with hospitality leaders and the analysis of real case studies.
- Demonstrate business acumen as a member of a consulting team assigned to implement a strategic project for a travel industry organization.
Director, Executive Degree Programs
Executive Education Center