Professional in Residence (PIR) Program
The Professional-in-Residence (PIR) program connects UH students and faculty with local business professionals. Besides education beyond the classroom, students receive valuable insight about a specific industry. This program also makes UH students, who are already interested in pursuing careers in entrepreneurship, accessible to business professionals.
- PACE hosts four PIRs each semester. PIRs rotate each week, and hold office hours at the Shidler College of Business.
- PIRs have expertise in one or more of the following areas: entrepreneurship, law, intellectual property, marketing, finance or venture funding.
- Duties and responsibilities of the PIR include offering practical knowledge and advice; introducing faculty and students to colleagues who may be of further assistance; and possibly making a presentation or lecture.
- PIR services are available to all UH faculty and students.
- Faculty and students are required to schedule an appointment. The faculty / student must pose a specific question or desired outcome when making the appointment.